Friday, December 31, 2010

Year in Review

"It's been a long December and there's reason to believe maybe this year will be better then the last" -Counting Crows

It'd be a lie if I said I was sad to see 2010 end.  2010 was a rough year for me. It was a year full of great loss, and my entire world was turned upside down. but because of this I learned a great deal and became a stronger person, and all the bad made the good feel so much better.  I have faith that 2011 will be a better year for me.  and I think Sarah said it best, "please know that in Gods timing he restores everything in ways so good you could not dream them up yourself."

2010 in Review



This year proved the saying "only the good die young" is true. 
First in February with the sudden death of a friend and coworker.  It was a great loss not just for her family and us who worked beside her, but also for the entire school of students.
Then in August my father passed away.  This has been by far the hardest thing I've ever had to go through, and I'm still recovering from the grief of losing a loved one. But it does help me feel better knowing these two beautiful souls are now in heaven.   


but despite the pain from the loss of two great people, some good things did happen in 2010.
One of my good college friends, Nicky, got engaged, and we were all there for the surprise birthday/engagement party. I look forward to 2011 and celebrating this marriage, as well as our friend Jamie {she's standing right behind Nicky} who's marrying her high school sweetheart Casey. 

we also welcomed a new member into the family, Jayden Alexander.  
He has been the best thing that happened to our family this year, and I look forward to watching him grow. 


so as I say goodbye to one year, I look forward to the start of a new one!
I'm not going to make any grand plans, 2010 taught me that things never go as planned. How's the saying go... 'if you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans'.  In 2011 I'm just going to focus on enjoying life, all the good and the bad that comes with it. 

how was your 2010, and what do you look forward to in 2011?

No comments:

Post a Comment