Monday, August 9, 2010

I've Joined the Club...

CRISTINA: "There's a club. The Dead Dads Club. And you can't be in it until you're in it. You can try to understand, you can sympathize. But until you feel that loss... My dad died when I was nine. George, I'm really sorry you had to join the club."

GEORGE: "I... I don't know how to exist in a world where my dad doesn't."

CRISTINA: "Yeah, that never really changes."
{grey's anatomy}


a week ago today my father past away. {which explains my absence from blog land} For those of you who have been following my blog, you may remember that he had been sick over the past few months. This didn't make saying goodbye any easier. We were lucky enough to be able to take him to the hospice house so he didn't have to spend his final hours in a hospital, and we were able to be by his side until he past.

It's been rough. I've never felt this kind of hurt and pain before. I've always been very close with both my parents, so losing someone so close has been very hard. I dreaded going to the funeral, but left feeling a little better. So many people came. People who loved my father and were inspired by him. I feel so incredibly lucky to have such a wonderful father who was an example of a truly great individual.

I miss him so much, but I know he's in a better place. He's hanging out with my grandpa and my aunt and friends who past before him. and knowing my dad {who was a sports official and umpire} I'm sure he's hanging out with all the other sports guys, calling balls and strikes, and watching all the sports greats play.

I'll always love you daddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment