Thursday, April 28, 2011

My Rant about the whole Obama, Trump, Birther mess


Yesterday was a hard day for me. I was reminded about Race, Power and Privilege through this whole Obama birth certificate drama.

I was reminded that regardless of your merits, hard work and your achievements... You still have to pamper to fools and bigots. I've been fighting for gay rights for so long that I forgot about the other battle, race.

This day reminded me of the struggles of the past and some lost their lives for civil rights. They fought to make sure that no one would have to go through what President Obama had to endure. And then for Trump to stand there and claim some kind of victory just pissed me off something fierce. His privilege and his power was on display. And the media ate it up, they couldn't get enough. But not one of them challenged him. They let him rant and ramble as if he was a king.

Now, Trump and these idiots want to question his academic history. They wanted to know if he's truly educated. Mind you, he went to the best schools; better than any of this harshest critics. Still, he has to prove his worth. The funny thing is, no one ever asked Bush to prove his worth, his education or his citizenship. Folks aren't forcing Trump to present his bankruptcy papers or why he had 45 marriages or his grades at Wharton School at Penn. They just continue to give him a platform.

What happened yesterday was a reminder that race matters and privilege is a dangerous gift.  What I witnessed was a dark day in our country. We should be ashamed this mess.

Sorry for the rant, but I was truly hurt by this foolishness. Donald Trump and others like him should be held accountable... Hopefully, they will pay for this.

No comments:

Post a Comment